Thursday, June 28, 2007

"Veggameatabreadatarian"

We were having supper tonight and found ourselves marvelling at how different our children are regarding food. Our son, Bailey, has always been a good eater...providing that we serve foods that he likes. I don't think he is a particularly picky eater, but there are certain foods he will NOT eat. He won't touch fish, for example; not even fish sticks. He doesn't like salads either. Not green salad, potato salad, egg salad...he doesn't really like things mixed together at all. He has always been a meat & potatoes (mashed or baked) kind of kid. He must take after my side of the family. He will begrudgingly eat his cooked vegetables, beans and peas if we urge him along. We have always kept it simple with him, avoiding too much seasoning, often not having things that are too exotic, etc. My daughter, Emily, on the other hand, loves vegetables. She has frequently been known to eat all the veggies on her plate first and sometimes pass right over the meat and starch. She loves salad, too, which I thought all kids hated.?? And I won't even talk about the raw peppers, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers and those peppers they give you in the PapaJohn's Pizza box. I don't even touch those, but she likes them. Raw fruits and vegetables are often what she chooses for snacks, as well. She must take after her Granny Sharon, my sweet mom-in-law. Anyway, tonight we were trying to get Bailey to eat his steamed veggies & lima beans. All the while, we also tried to get Emily to at least try her chicken & rice. I joked that between the two of them they eat a complete meal. Haha! I also made mention that Emily is just a natural vegetarian. To which, my son said, "Well, I'm a veggameatatarian." A short pause and he added, "No, I'm a veggameatabreadatarian. I like bread, too." LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.